Force carbonate at RT, then chill and serve?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moleary

Reaction score
So here's the deal... I've got a batch I'm getting ready and want to serve it at a party.

Basically what I was thinking of doing was to force carb it over a week at room temp and set the psi in the high 20s. Then, for the party, stick it in a trash barrel full of ice, turn the psi down to 6-8, and let it chill/settle for a while, and then serve. Would this work, or would I just get all foam?

:fro:

Well cause I didn't want to chill it, and then I have to transport it, and it's probably going to sit out at room temp for a day... and I didn't want it to go through all those temperature changes, or does that not matter?

Yes, I have the same question here. I´m new in kegging and never tried it, but I have this doubt.
If I carbonate it cool, then let it sit at RT for a day or so (say, to move the keg to a party, beach...) and then cool it again, set the pressure to serve (10 psi aprox.) will it hold the carbonation? Will there be any problem?
When the beer warms up, won´t it lose some of the gas and get less carbonated than it should?

Yes, I have the same question here. I´m new in kegging and never tried it, but I have this doubt.
If I carbonate it cool, thank let it sit at RT for a day or so (say to move te keg to the party, beach or so on) and the cool it again, set the pressure to server (10 psi aprox.) will it hold the carbonation? Will there be any problem?

Sure that would be fine.

Latest posts

Back