Force carbing two kegs with one disconnect?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cokronk

Reaction score
Is it possible to force carb two kegs with only one disconnect? Say if I put switch the disconnect between kegs every so often for a week?

It needs to stay under pressure for best results

1. Prime one with corn sugar and the other with gas, then just use the disconnect to serve on whichever you are serving from.

2. Buy a plastic T and another disconnect from your LHBS or online for $5. Problem solved.

My $0.02

You can switch them back and forth.. yeah, it's not the ideal way - but sometimes I have a keg that I'm not 100% sure is sealed up properly - so I turn the shut-off on my manifold to that keg and continually hit it with pressure (anytime I happen to be near my kegerator). It takes a little longer to equalize, but it works fine - and better than coming back to my kegerator to find that my CO2 tank is empty.

BTW, that method would be a pain in the ass if you tried to serve from them both also. If you just want to carb them both up and only serve from one and have the other on stand-by or something I guess it'd work. Otherwise, I like option 2 from above - you should have at least as many QDs as you have kegs that fit in your kegerator.

I was lucky enough to catch someone at the LBHS after hours and picked up a disconnect, a T, some tubing, and some clamps. If I run a line off the main one, with a disconnect on it and no keg, will it contain the CO2?

I don't know if I'm always going to have 2 kegs with beer in them, so I'd hate to have to totally remove the CO2 while I take one off to clean and then have to waster CO2 on an empty keg.

Back