Force Carbing in 3 days?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Contradiction

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got a batch that I need to keg tonight and have ready to submit to a homebrewing competition with my local club by Monday evening.

Should I do the shaking method or can I assume that with the time frame I have I can get away with setting it up at a higher PSI in the keezer until then?

If I don't need to do the shaking method what should I set my PSI for and how long should I sustain that PSI for?

Any other advice?

Thanks!

This is what i do for my IPA's.

I put it in my kegerator, put it on gas, 30 psi at 39 degrees, 48 hours later, I drop the psi to 10 and serve, it's always been good,

for esb's I drop it to 8, but 10 has always been good to me.

This is what i do for my IPA's.

I put it in my kegerator, put it on gas, 30 psi at 39 degrees, 48 hours later, I drop the psi to 10 and serve, it's always been good,

for esb's I drop it to 8, but 10 has always been good to me.

+1 on the above! This is what I do with my beers. I usually make IPAs and Pale Ales. The one time I rolled or shaked the keg it over carbonated and it was a PIA to get it back to where it should be. Set it now and let it go for at least 36 hours and check it. :mug:

Back