For those who like pale ales...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birvine

Reaction score
My few-months saga of the wicked three (ie three batches that flopped) is over. Lost to the annals of my homebrewing history are my initial forays into Sierra Nevada PA and Amarillo PA. I had heard LOTS of great things about these two brews so I brewed them both. Then ran into a bad yeast issue transference from one to the other.

Fast forward to now. Problem is solved, but I still want these two brews - yesterday!

Just for fun, for those who brew these beers, which do you prefer?

Brent

If I had to make a choice Amarillo hopped PA and IPA,s get my vote every time.

Just made an Amarillo pale ale for the first time. I added two ounces in the boil. I'm not planning on dry hopping. From the smell during the first week of fermentation, it was delicious. I hope this one turns out really good.

In my Sunset Gold APA,I used US Perle & Czech Saaz. Nice spicy hop flavors,& the "piney" aspect of the Saaz changed into a nondescript brightness that was rather pleasant. Just my 2c...

In my Sunset Gold APA,I used US Perle & Czech Saaz. Nice spicy hop flavors,& the "piney" aspect of the Saaz changed into a nondescript brightness that was rather pleasant. Just my 2c...

That sounds good since I like Saaz; however, I haven't any in stock at the moment. A lot of Cascade, Amarillo, Perle, EKG and Fuggles plus misc odds and ends.

Brent

Well,since the "nondescript brightness" was citrus from the Saaz,you might try the Perle & Cascade. Just don't go too heavy on the Cascade. Perle & EKG would be another good choice,since I've noticed that EKG gives off a lemon grass flavor/aroma. Besides the spicy,herbaceous qualities it also has.

Back