Fly Sparge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwinzing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I fly sparge and it has become my chosen method. I am getting a new brewing setup. Going from one burner and a mash tun cooler to a three burner rig with two pumps. I have always gravity sparged I am now going to use a pump. Besides the Blichmann sparge arm is there any other products out there designed for a pump. Most that I have found do not have a pump in mind.

I would purchase the Blichmann but it has some mixed reviews and I wanted to get the forums thoughts around this and what they use.

I am not a DIY guy so that really isn't an option. Thanks!

You mean auto sparge? Its really not that expensive, and controlling flow via pumps and the low speed necessary for fly spraging is actually a *****. So I would get one if I was pumping into the mash tun.

You mean auto sparge? Its really not that expensive, and controlling flow via pumps and the low speed necessary for fly spraging is actually a *****. So I would get one if I was pumping into the mash tun.

Auto sparge? I just did a search on that. Curses! Another brewing gadget I must have! Yikes! I'm going broke!

Back