Flooring in a brewery...paint or tile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
Most brewerys you see tile. However I want to use paint but I dont know which kind. Does anyone know?

I have no idea! I would assume it's the industrial paint for floors- it would have to be waterproof and skid-proof, so you'd need some sand or something mixed in the paint to make sure it's not slippery when wet!

Another option could be a stained and sealed concrete floor. Low maintenance and fairly inexpensive. Just an idea.

How about using garage floor epoxy?

+1 I was going to suggest finding something suggested for a garage floor.

That's assuming the floor is concrete. If you're going on a wood subfloor, maybe something for painting decking? Good for high traffic and waterproof.

2 part epoxy garage floor. I have used it in my last 3 houses. I have tried the gray, tan, and blue. I liked the gray by far over the others. Oh and do the pretty little paint chips. You can also add the grit designed for the epoxy for a slip resistant finish.

A deck paint was used and it lasted for 10+ years with ruff use. Is deck the same as epoxy?

Back