Flavoured cider help?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomplum

Reaction score
Hi guys fairly new to all this but I've made a few turbo ciders now and enjoying it I've watched out for the potassium sorbate & metabisulphite in the added juice I've put in the primary. Question is could I literally ferment any juice that doesn't have these two preservatives? I've got some mango juice without these wonder if I could ferment a full demijohn of just mango juice?

Generally speaking, you can ferment just about any fruit or vegetable juice. Some have antimicrobial characteristics that'll make it more difficult. And some may taste god-aweful.
Mango has been used successfully in meads, so I'd imagine it can taste pretty good by itself as a wine.

I tried the mango and only problem was sediment was floating all over the place in big chunks actually looked like sick ha. Is there anything I can use to sink all of this I left it long enough and was fully fermented?

Back