Flavored malt beverages

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangebrewer

Reaction score
My wife does not drink beer so I have been trying to make something she can drink. I've been tinkering with different flavored "beers" but I always get the dreaded "this tastes like beer" or the alcohol is too high and I have to drink it. I recently was on a tour of the old latrobe brewery and seen how they make their twisted tea there. Pretty much 2 row, corn sugar ,mash high, and use a champange yeast to make a netural base malt.Now all I have left is to figure out how to flavor it. I tried picking out random juices and concentrates they never seem to satisfy her. Now I'm thinking maybe some puree in the secondary, extracts or maybe even soda concentrate or snow cone syrup. Anyone have any thoughts on good strong flavors that don't taste like cough syrup?

Never tried to flavor beer with a syrup or concentrate, so i can't answer your question, but I may be able to solve your problem. Search for the SkeeterPee recipe--its hard lemonade x10. Might be just what she is looking for.

Back