Flat alcoholic ginger beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gingerbeer35

Reaction score
Brewing newb here. I brewed up my first batch of ginger beer since it is so tough to find right now. My favorite is Royal Jamaican and you just cannot find it. Anyway, fermentation for 10 days with EC-1118 went great. Lots of air bubbles in airlock over several days then bottled once there was about 1 bubble per minute only. I know you can’t really trust this as a method to know if fermentation is complete however my plan was to bottle and sweeten with sugar and then pasteurize with my sous vide heating element so didn’t care if it was completely done fermenting. Bottled the wort, added 40grams of sugar to each 500ml swing top bottle and also filled two plastic bottles so I would know when they were carbed and could then pasteurize. The plastic bottles felt like II was getting tighter so I opened one of the glass bottles 1 week in to bottle carbing and it was super flat. Now it has been 10 days and while the plastic bottle is tight I can physically squeeze it in slightly still and when I shake it all the bubbles dissipate very quickly making me think it still has little to no carbonation. Should I put in more yeast? Everything I read said there should be plenty of yeast in suspension and not to add any of the trub to the bottles so I didn’t add trub at bottling time. Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back