Five hours later....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcangeli

Reaction score
I wanted to post this on FB but no one there would care (and my wife would be upset that I wasted an afternoon brewing...)

I brewed an Irish Red Ale kit from Midwest today, added 4 lbs of canned pumpkin and some spice to make a nice fall beer... was expecting to see something tomorrow or so (as the kit has been living in my fridge for a while) and low and behold, I checked it tonight and had a nice active fermentation going already. Enough to the point that I switched out and put a blow off tube on it.

Its amazing.

I'm also loving the Counter Flow Chiller I picked up earlier in the year, with just tap water from the hose, I was able to go from boil to pitching temps in the time it took to gravity drain the kettle.

I'll post a photo of the primary shortly....

And here it is...

1410398762230.jpg

Post to facebook anyway!!! The world should see such pretty things! It would be much better the the whining about our snow storm that is currently filling my Facebook feed!

I'll be including pumpkin at the end of October in a brew of mine (thumbs up!)

Don't worry about the wife. You may be insterested in visiting my current threat "Anyone disobey SWMBO this week?" for some relief.

Where did you get the pumpkin btw? Cann? :tank:

I'll be including pumpkin at the end of October in a brew of mine (thumbs up!)

Don't worry about the wife. You may be insterested in visiting my current threat "Anyone disobey SWMBO this week?" for some relief.

Where did you get the pumpkin btw? Cann? :tank:

Yea, I used canned. Pumpkins are just starting to hit the stores here and canned was easier.

Your wife would really be mad that you "wasted" an afternoon brewing? She doesn't have any hobbies?

Your wife would really be mad that you "wasted" an afternoon brewing? She doesn't have any hobbies?

Its more to the fact that I lost my job in May and still haven't found steady work... she'd be pissed that instead of looking for a job or working on stuff around the house I was brewing... But thats another rant for a different forum.

Its more to the fact that I lost my job in May and still haven't found steady work... she'd be pissed that instead of looking for a job or working on stuff around the house I was brewing... But thats another rant for a different forum.

Sell a few bottles?

Back