Fittings for Blichmann Ball Valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoppyMaltPoet

Reaction score
So I used my new Blichmann for the first time 2 weeks ago. I attached a 1/2" brass barb to the ball valve to drain. I want to use a different setup and I was thinking about using SS camlock quick disconnects.

I was thinking about these:
camexample.jpg

http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=quick%20disconnect&category_id=0&product_id=133
http://www.bargainfittings.com/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=quick%20disconnect&category_id=0&product_id=140

Does anyone have any experience using these or perhaps a better suggestion.

I use the Cam-Locks and they are great! Replace the gaskets with silicone ones and remove those silly rings (they just get in the way). I just threaded my 1/2" silicone hose on the "F" style male ends and used a zip tie to secure them.

I use the Cam-Locks and they are great! Replace the gaskets with silicone ones and remove those silly rings (they just get in the way). I just threaded my 1/2" silicone hose on the "F" style male ends and used a zip tie to secure them.

Sorry, not following you completely. My brain still hasn't decided to kick into gear yet. Kids kept me up most of the night. I was planning on connecting the Camlock F to my Ball valve and then connect the Camlock B lo a 1/2" hose. That way I could just connect during drains quickly and remove quickly. Right now I add teflon tape to the brass barb and tighten with a wrench everytime I use it. A keep the hose attached to the barb with a hose clamp. Am I trying to use this incorrectly?

Whoops, typed that incorrectly! I use Camlock style Male Threaded ends and put those on my silicone hoses. What you describe above will work just fine.

Just wanted to say that I already got my fittings. They were shipped the day I ordered and they arrived today. This was really fast. And the price was right. Definitely recommend Bargainfittings. it was the fist time I used them but I will use them again definitely. I used them based on other's recommendations on this site, so thank you too HBT.

Yea, the camlock setup from bargainfittings.com is the same setup I have on my Blichmann kettle. I did the same as you show except backwards. I have the "F" piece attached to my kettle and the "B" piece (but with male threads, sorry the letter escapes me) on the hose side. I attached that piece to the 90deg street elbow and then clamp my hose to the male threads of the elbow. I like this way better since I dont have to finagle with the locking arms after they've been attached to a boiling pot for an hour. But either way will work, this was just my rationale

Back