First world problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrdinaryAvgGuy

Reaction score
At last. An entire thread dedicated to talking about your first world problems.

Did you order a Big Mac without pickles and receive a Big Mac with ONLY pickles?

Did you spend 8 hours waiting in line on Black Friday, only to find out that the one item you were waiting for JUST sold out?

Does your local bottle shop refuse to carry your favorite brew, forcing you to drive 2.5 miles away to the next closest bottle shop.

You my friend have first world problems.

I'll start.

While brewing a batch of beer yesterday, my neighbor decided to start mowing his dirt lawn just as I began to chill my wort. I had to relocate my ENTIRE operation indoors. :mad:

Whenever I am riding my bike around town on the bike trails, no one seems to understand how to walk on a bike path. It's literally no different than when you drive on a road, you drive on the right side you walk on the right side. You pass on the left. Also, when you drive on the road, do you let your kid out of the car at random intervals and let them play in traffic? No, you dont, so keep your kids under control, it's a busy *BIKE*path not a sidewalk.

(sorry to people who have kids and stuff, I don't, and will never, have kids simply because I know I could never keep them under control, but seriously, letting your 4 year old wander around on a bike path thats RIGHT NEXT TO A RIVER and a 15-20 foot drop off INTO the river, is probably bad parenting, not to mention bikes with a 260lb fat guy (me) whizzing by at 15mphs is pretty dangerous)

(Before anyone comes at me, I do try to be a very considerate biker, I *know* that the road is made for cars so when I am on the road on my bike, I am borrowing space on that road, I am in more danger than the cars, its my responsibility to be double-triply more aware of my surroundings than the cars do of me, some bikers might disagree with me on this, but most drivers arent going to die from hitting me, unless theres a painted bike lane then thats the drivers responsibility to be aware of that, still don't get the bikers that pedal IN the lane when they are *NOT* going the speed limit)

I had to drive all the way to the bank today to deposit a check that came in the mail.

Why can't everyone offer direct deposit?:confused:

Here's the pics.

1410895802143.jpg

1410895874755.jpg

1410895877661.jpg

I had to drive all the way to the bank today to deposit a check that came in the mail.

Why can't everyone offer direct deposit?:confused:

Why didnt you deposit it via your smart phone? Take pictures of both sides of the check and money magically appears in your account. Love it!

The guy who mows my lawn doesn't use a grass catcher, nor does he rake; he just mows those clippings over & over. He THINKS he's "mulching" it; what he's REALLY doing is making a MESS, that does nothing but increase the thatch & piss me off. Every time he mows the lawn it looks like a hay field waiting for the bailer to come along. I'm never around when he mows, so I complained to the Mgt company, which accomplished nothing. So every time I walk on the grass, I track clippings into the house, even after wiping my feet.

I ran out of demerara sugar for my coffee and had to use brown sugar instead.

Someone stole two of my hubcaps, so I had to decide if I was going to replace them, or move the two I had to one side. Then they stole the other two. Problem solved.

Why didnt you deposit it via your smart phone? Take pictures of both sides of the check and money magically appears in your account. Love it!

Haven't upgraded to a smartphone. I have ENOUGH first world problems already!:D

I'll just leave this here...

EDIT: Just so you know, it's a style parody of The Pixies. From what I hear, anyway. I've never heard The Pixies, so I'm only going by the article I read.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other day I ordered a pint of beer and it was only a 12 oz glass. WTF?!!! [sigh]

This is a math problem. I'm fine with a beer being 12 ounces. Bottled beer and soft drinks are typically 12 ounces. Fine. But a pint is 16 ounces. No matter what it's a pint of, a pint is 16 ounces.

This is a math problem. I'm fine with a beer being 12 ounces. Bottled beer and soft drinks are typically 12 ounces. Fine. But a pint is 16 ounces. No matter what it's a pint of, a pint is 16 ounces.

So, you understand my frustration? Glad to hear I'm not alone.

I'm currently at a bar that serves just over 100 beers on tap plus dozens of bottles and they just run out of the ONE beer that I wanted. Now what am I going to drink?

My brew timer app crashed in the middle of brewing my last IPA. Now it's more bitter than I wanted with less hop flavor & aroma than I wanted. :(

Also, I'll join with one of the earlier posters. I'm cursed with this job that pays pretty well but I'm not entirely satisfied with. Therefore I spend a lot of time during weekdays on Homebrewtalk.com.

I hit the grocery store during my lunch hour. Wanted to pickup some steaks for the grill tomorrow. They only had 3 strip steaks left! I needed 4.

Now someone has to eat a ribeye!

Well this really blows. I think my weekend has just been runied!

I signed up for cable this year just to watch the Brewers because of how well they started and now they're gonna miss the playoffs. I could have made so much beer with that money.

My only child is super smart and will probably go to an expensive college. Paying for it will delay my early retirement plans by four years.

The air conditioner in our second car controls itself to maintain a set temperature, but it has only one climate zone.

I was at a work dinner (i.e. paid for by the company) at an expensive steakhouse last night and the beer selection to accompany my $44 steak was mediocre.

Seriously. I hate restaurants that have $100 bottles of wine but think Heineken is a fine imported beer.

Sure, I like Heineken. It's nostalgic of my youth. But that doesn't mean it's not cheep Dutch lager. Seriously, James Bond only drank it while pretending to be dead.

My hulu plus app on my Xbox crashed in the middle of watching an episode on my 50" 3d hd tv and I had to restart the app so it would resume exactly where it left off...

It's been record hot here for the past week. My air conditioner had been on all day every day to keep the house at 76 degrees. I was so happy last night when it turned off because it was finally quiet.

Back