First time, no sanitizer, pee'd on it...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pshavet

Reaction score
Well I was pretty excited to make my brew but those f'ers didnt send me any sanitizer!!!! I could not wait so I peed in a bucked and washed my equipment with it. I think things went pretty well. Has anyone every used this method? By my calculations it should work ok. Cheers... :mug:

It would certainly be cheaper than the commercial sanitizers. Plus all homebrewers have the fantastic ability to turn our homebrew into urine. It only makes sense that this would work... it's the circle of life.

pshavet said:
Well I was pretty excited to make my brew but those f'ers didnt send me any sanitizer!!!! I could not wait so I peed in a bucked and washed my equipment with it. I think things went pretty well. Has anyone every used this method? By my calculations it should work ok. Cheers...

icon_fishing.gif

Are you a Marine by chance?

MOD NOTE: pshavet, I'm watching you.

Healthy urine is sterile, however what it passes through on the way out… probably not.

Hope it doesn’t leave an off-flavor.

Use chlorine next time. Boil some water for rinsing.

Brewpastor said:
I am Santa too

You are supposed to GIVE the brewing gifts out, not keep them. Or, are you just running quality tests to make sure the brew kiddies don't hurt themselves?

I do a lot of hording. Just last year you were going to get a new fermenter, but then you did "that thing" and so you got bumped to the bad list and I kept the fermenter.

You're right. Last year I did ask for a 20 gallon steam-heated RIMS with internal glycol cooling, but all I got was a broken hydrometer!

Brewpastor said:
... then you did "that thing" and so you got bumped to the bad list and I kept the fermenter.

Hey- the judge put a silence order on that.

Here I am painting my house and I miss all of this fun!

The forum has been a bit strange these days...

:drunk:

At least this was posted in an appropriate place and not cross posted or posted in regards to putting out a "hop fire".

Ok....I gotta ask.... what was going through your mind when you decided this......? This could be a major Thesis topic.... Nobel Prize winner.... I can see it now.....

Gives a new meaning to pale ale, piss pale ale is that what you brewed? Ha Ha. that is awsome, survival of the beer eqiupment. Live to brew another day.

gabe said:
Gives a new meaning to pale ale, piss pale ale is that what you brewed? Ha Ha. that is awsome, survival of the beer eqiupment. Live to brew another day.

You may have just named my summer "lawnmower beer"

Ok all, Its several months later. The beet tasted fine! I have only 3 left as a matter of fact. I have since invested in a sanitizer, but if it doesnt work, i'm going back au natural.

Mike-H said:
I suppose you can use it...

"The main misunderstanding - say urinophiles - is that wee is dirty. "It's anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-viral, antibiotic and anti-fungal," says Iredale without hesitation."

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/06/09/1055010912161.html

One thing to note: while the urine in your bladder is probably sterile (assuming your healthy), your... (searching for appropriate word)... outflow hole likely is not. If you or anyone else ever has the nightmarish compulsion to try this again, it'd probably be a good idea to swab the "exit valve" with some rubbing alcohol. Oh yeah, and wash your hands, please.

Kudos to your bravery, and :mug: to a good brew.

Back