First time kegging - Not sure what is happening

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to look up "carbing lid" to see what all the fuss was about. The one I saw pictured only had a gas inlet and a PRV. No liquid port at all. Seems one could create the same function on standard lids by replacing the gas tube with some PVC tubing and an aeration stone. No?

I guess I would not, as I would want the option to use the input via diffusion stone, then switch to input via regular port; again, to be able to have CO2 come into the keg as it was emptied without being input from the bottom in a very agitatiousexpyisticfragicalirupus method.

My first guess is the ops beer may just be undercarbed and his tap setup could be having the typical foamy first pour. First pour comes out looking ok because it's foamy but undercarbed. Next pour is not foamy as his tap/lines are cool now or whatever but because it's undercarbed it's flat? Cheers

Back