First time brewer, gday from australia!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenewbrewer

Reaction score
first time brewer here i get my first coopers diy kit on wednesday/thursday and i am going to make the coopers mexican cereza and original lager that comes with the kit.. hopefully all goes well!

Congrats! Have fun with it, the only thing I can tell you for your first batch is if you followed the instructions and something looks 'off' it probably isn't! Just let it ride and you'll be surprised with what you produce. Also, IMO sanitizing is probably one of the 2 most important things you need to be on top of when brewing.

Cheers!

thanks mate a friends older brother referred me to the coopers diy kit at first i was stand off ish and hes like well here have one of my home brews, i was expecting an old plastic screw top bottle to be pulled out but then he pulls out a glass stubby with a cap and the beer looked like a normal coopers i nearly **** a brick! and oh my god the taste! he then went onto say it cost him $20 to make 23 litres of beer and you have a variety of flavours my mouth just dropped it dropped even further when he explained to me you cap your own bottles easy as and that he hasnt made a trip to the bottle shop to buy booze in over 9 months (the length of time hes been brewing for) from then i was sold haha.

ive been reading up alot on temperature control and sanitation im going to order a bit of sanitizer to make sure i always have it.. im going to maybe try rig up a box with the stc1000 for a fridge and heatpad so my temps will be perfect.. so many options, so many different beers, bottling options etc the last thing i needed was another hobby on top of cars, guitars and motorbikes but who can have to many??

all i gotta do now is find some padlock for my home brew beer fridge that wont be cut off easy to keep my mates out of my beer!

Latest posts

Back