First tasting of my first batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikolas_WestMI

Reaction score
Just chilled a few bottles after a week in carbing, week in primary, and a week in secondary...... Was expecting just a taste. She is YUMMY!!!

I attached the beersmith printout. I think a bit more hops and dry hopping would make it amazing. But it is good. Nice hoppy, sweet flower aroma, then the sweetness and hops mellow out in the body. Finish is weak though..... more hops... more hops lol

Any suggestions to the recipe? :tank: To my first homebrew!!! :tank:

DSCN1217_zpsef3d3c49.jpg

View attachment 1st Run.pdf

Way to go! I just tapped my first homebrew this week as well, and it was fantastic. The first of many!

got 5 gal ready to bottle Wednesday and switching to BIAB. should have the next batch bubbling Wednesday night...... just need to pick or build a recipe......

Looks great after so little time. Congratulations on your first.

Two wonderings: Why only one week in primary? Why did you secondary, for clarity or additions?

Also,1 wek in bottles will give a weak tasting beer. 3-4 weeks at 70F or a lil more is the preferred temp& time. Then a week in the fridge to settle any chill haze,etc & get better carbonation & head. Do that & try it before changing the recipe.

The first of the first always seems to be the best of the best! Congrats! And I'll bet dollars to donuts that your brew will improve with aging. Welcome to the insanity we kindly call brewing!

glenn514:mug:

I just did the secondary to clear it up. The rest will sit for another week at least. I just couldn't help myself and had to drink some lol. Now if work will ever end so I can go buy some equipment and start a biab batch!

Back