First taste of our first batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FallsDamBrewery

Reaction score
I'm watching my brackets get murdered and brewing a Rogue Dead Guy clone, so I decided to try a bottle of our first batch my wife and I made, an Irish Stout. It was in the primary for 2 weeks and has been bottled for 7 days today...my thoughts...

Color is almost black, but not as black as I would have thought...

Flavor is very rich and crisp...

Tastes like Guiness Extra Stout...

It tastes like a wonderful beer!

Alcohol content is 4.8%, but it tastes more warming that that...

:rockin:

Try to resist and put the rest of those back in the closet for two more weeks. The "warming" taste you describe is alcohol not yes blended with all the other flavors. Give those suckers two more weeks and it will be smooth drinking. :rockin:

Congrats on a successful first brew... please try to leave them for another two weeks, but if I understand what brackets are, and how you're getting killed by them, you might have to crack them open... just don't do it on the hardwood unless you like getting fouled.

Congrats on a successful first brew... please try to leave them for another two weeks, but if I understand what brackets are, and how you're getting killed by them, you might have to crack them open... just don't do it on the hardwood unless you like getting fouled.

Yea...I am not going to try them again until another week at least.

That beer is going to keep getting better and better. I am really surprised it carbonated with only 7 days sitting time after bottling.

Back