first sour feed it or not?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polboy

Reaction score
Im making 1st sour, for few reasons i did primary fermentation with regular Saccharomyces strains (split batch with 3787 and 1214) Og was 1.048 and when primary was done i transfered to 2ndary, FG was 1.013 and 1.015, im adding roeselare to one and lambic dregs to the other carboy and im not sure if i should feed it with something (dextrose, table sugar, DME/LME?) to get more prominant sour character and if yes what would be the best time to do it?
Grain bill was simple (pils, munich and some carmel) mashed at 157F
Thanks

That's how I do it. Ferment it with sacc and add the bugs to secondary. No need to add anything more. There is plenty in there for the bugs to work on.

all right i will do the same then, thanks
roeselare has some activity already but batch with dregs shows nothing, it is possible i used dregs from pasteurized bottle of lindemans kriek, if there is still no activity within a week i will move some beer from roeselare batch
Waiting begins :)

i used dregs from one 750 bottle in 5gal batch, beer was relatively fresh and it was in my fridge for around a month so everything settled nicely, i transferred rather fair amounts of sediments but some reports that some laidemans beers are pasteurized so maybe everything was dead, anyway i will wait 2 weeks before adding more bugs if no activity, thanks

Back