First shot at a logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFAJ Brew Guy

Reaction score
So I have pretty much spent about 5 hours on designing this logo. 5 hours and I think it looks like hell. The reason for this is I have never been able to objectively judge my own work. I never think it looks good.

Anyway here it is. Please give me your honest feedback. Like it, hate it, change this, change that. Go ahead let me have it! :D

h_creek_logo_text_2_smaller.png

Homebrewer, yeah I actually fought that one for a while. The actual images that I combined to make all of that is a harvest moon reflecting on a body of water. Thats what all of that other stuff is. I tried to preserve that water look while at the same time giving it the "cross hatch" look.

The whole idea has to do with reason for the name of brewery, which I posted not too long ago.

Thanks for the criticism!

The text is really nice, change the texture under your text and fade out the moon so it wont "pop out" that way. Keep it simple and it'll be kewl.

Wattuz said:
The text is really nice, change the texture under your text and fade out the moon so it wont "pop out" that way. Keep it simple and it'll be kewl.

Thanks for the ideas. I am thinking about incorporating that and on other thing in my next render. When I get done I will repost. Thanks again!

So after what some of you had said, I decided to make some changes. Even I like these a lot better. Let me know what you think about version 2 and 2a. Thanks guys!

h_creek_logo_text_v2_30.png
h_creek_logo_text_v3.png

rabidgerbil said:
I like version 2 much more than the original, especially the one on the right.

Where are you going to put the name of the beer?

This is just the logo which be will incorporated into a label that defines the beer. The logo will stay the same, whereas the label will change dependent on the style of beer. I wanted to hammer the log out first since it is the one thing that will not change.

Thanks for your comments! :)

I was going to comment on the "burlap"-y texture, but Version 2 fixed it and looks fantastic! Good on ya!

my problem is, i'll sit there for 5 hours designing something, and then I'll delete it and say, "forget it."

so kudos on sticking with, and following thru!

btw, the second labels posted look wonderful!

Back