First keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzwyatt

Reaction score
I got a used Corny and serving kit with CO2 bottle and hoses. I've had the keg carbonating a few days and I want to try it.

What is maintenance for the serving line? Should I wash it? Sanitize it? Can I take it off once I've put it on? If I do, should I sanitize it before I attach it again?

Yes, it should be cleaned and sanitized.

That said, the best time to do it is when cleaning and sanitizing your keg, where you can "push" the cleaner through it, and let it sit for a while, and the same thing with the sanitizer.

Serving lines are typically cleaned with an acid wash followed by a rinse, then an alkaline wash, and another rinse. I clean my lines about every 6-8 kegs.

Wow I love kegging.

I've brewed 32 batches in the last 12-13 months and bottled all of them. I have about 25 gallons/10 cases of beer around my house, and a lot more empty bottles around for future batches.

I just kegged this beer on Sunday and wanted to try it today, it is at room temp in my house which is about 80. It is carbed nice and tasted good even warm. I put it in an ice bath so in a day or two it'll be really nice and I'm pretty happy.

I'm thinking about how to get a kegerator and more kegs. Yeah, I don't want to have to bottle ever again.

I'm serving beer at an event on Sep 6 so I have to drink these 5 gallons pretty quick to make room in my single, lonely keg for the next batch to take to the event. Should be good.

Latest posts

Back