First glass of my first brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scm81

Reaction score
After a long 7 week wait I was able to try my first glass of home brew ever. It's only been in bottles for 2 weeks but couldn't resist. Put one bottle in the fridge for 2 days and just cracked it open. I was pleasantly surprised that this is one mighty fine beer! It's a American pale ale. Thanks to this forum I answered a ton of questions that I had and think that it turned out better because of it. Cheers!

20140901_143557.jpg

20140901_143637.jpg

Isn't it wonderful? We make a drinkable product that is fun to make and the end game is awesome.
Congrats!

I've always heard people say that a good head on a beer should be able to float a bottle cap. Had to try. No worries, I took it right back out.

There nothing better than cracking open the first home brew! Except maybe cracking open the second... and third...

Nice work!

Congratulations! !!! Do you know what you're brewing next?
I've had a fat tire clone recipe in primary now for 2 weeks. Should be in bottles in a week or 2. It's always been one of my favorite amber beers so I am really looking forward to seeing the results.
I think I want to try a wheat beer with berries next.

Congratulations! It's such a great feeling when you open that first homebrew and all that work/patience pays off

cheers!:mug:

I still remember the first bottle of my first beer. felt the same way, as I imagine most of us did. Perk as a ruttin' buck to finally sample something new we've wrought with our own hands & brains. Here's a shot of it, the Cooper's OS Lager that came with my Micro Brew kit.

It definitely needs a hair more bittering & some late flavor hops. but I was so proud that even with some noob mistakes, it came out good & my wife discovered that she liked ales! Nas dah rove yie!

I've always heard people say that a good head on a beer should be able to float a bottle cap. Had to try. No worries, I took it right back out.

Ahh. Ok, I've never heard people say that from where I come from. The only thing I ever heard about a good head was, ... oh, wait, never mind.

I've had a fat tire clone recipe in primary now for 2 weeks. Should be in bottles in a week or 2. It's always been one of my favorite amber beers so I am really looking forward to seeing the results.
I think I want to try a wheat beer with berries next.

Both of those sound good! Again, congrats on the first.

Back