First every brew day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captjasonh

Reaction score
Just completed my first brew day on my new (to me) 5 gallon all grain set up. Everything was going well until I can out of propane while trying to get the wort to boil. So after a really long “simmer” before I got a new take and completed the boil. I ended up about .5 gallons shy and .011 over on my OG. We will see the results in a few weeks.

This happened to me once. I now have three tanks so this will never happen again.

Had a tank go empty when brewing and grabbed the one from the BBQ. However, just about used that one up and no steak on the grill that night. No one was happy about that. Went and bought 2 more tanks the next morning.

Luckily I was able to run out and pick up a second tank and was back up and running in now time. I can imagine if it ran out after the first hop addition I would have been in much more trouble

Couldn't you have added some water to the final volume in the fermenter, to lower your OG?

I was definitely considering it but figured since it’s my first time I would let it roll and see what happens

I just filled up 3 tanks today because that almost happen to me the other day.

Latest posts

Back