First ever keg pull

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akpingel

Reaction score
And it looks fantastic! Probably too much head, but im not sure if there is such a thing. I kegged it yesterday, forced carbed it, and managed to wait all of 24 hours before seeing what it looks like.
:tank::tank:

4824418753_cf2d0b3ecd.jpg

Its an irish stout, although I think its a touch too chocolatey. Cant wait to see how the carbonation changes now that its at serving pressure over the next couple weeks:rockin:

Nice! It looks like you knew what you were doing.:D One thing I would have done is to pour until the head comes to the rim of the glass. What serving pressure are you at, and how long is your tubing? It looks like you have it dialed in.

And you're right, there is no such thing as too much head. I'm married, so I never get it anymore.:drunk:

Wow, that looks pretty delicious , top that bad boy up so the head crowns the rim and it would be perfect!, then post it up in the post a picture of your pint thread!
that pint also reminds me that I need to brew my chocolate mint milk stout and stash it away for Christmas!

Im using a kegconnections kit, which I believe has 6 ft lines. Beer is at a steady 40* and pressure is at just under 12 PSI.

It tastes more like a porter than it does a stout. I think the fermentation got stuck, as my FG was somewhere around .028 and it should have been morelike .020 or so. :mug:

The FG could also be higher if the the SG was higher than expected too. Yeast has an alcohol tolerance, so depending on the ABV, it could have stopped the yeast from going further. It could also be the recipe, you said it was too chocolaty. Can you post the recipe?

Latest posts

Back