First day on my new Setup!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genjin

Reaction score
I did a re-brew of my smoked porter. Love brewing outside, what a nice change from being stuffed in the kitchen!

cbp3.jpg

cbp2.jpg

cbp1.jpg

Cut your grass! lol.

Looks like you are enjoying your new set up. It is good to be outdoors when the weather breaks.

I love, love, love brewing outside on even a rainy day, my front porch is covered, and everyone looks at me funny, ( I live in a townhouse complex) but, I could care less. I get a chair out and just sit there and watch! I think i got the sickness. Congrats on the new setup by the way! Lol.

that looks like a pretty good size pot... Is that a full 5 gallon boil you got going there?

It's a 7.5 gallon pot. After sparging I had close to 7 gallons in there and had to really watch it as it got up to a boil. The spray bottle really helped prevent a boilover. Got 5.75g in the fermenter which meant two points lower on my OG, but more beer! Great day!

Spray bottle? Could someone enlighten me on this? My last batch almost boiled over, and i would like to have something to keep this from happening.

homebrewertodd said:
Spray bottle? Could someone enlighten me on this? My last batch almost boiled over, and i would like to have something to keep this from happening.

You use a spray bottle of water to spray in the wort as it gets close to boiling over. Very useful.

Back