First cherry beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skw

Reaction score
I need to make room in the freezer and thought I should try something with cherries. What goes well with cherries that is not a sour? Will adding cherries in the secondary to a pale ale or a brown ale do any good? Does anyone have a good cherry based recipe?

Cherry wheat? I haven't had the Sam Adams version since I started homebrewing, but I remember liking that one. I've actually started looking into that as my first wheat beer.

Good idea, haven't thought of that. It'll be an American Wheat then (US-05 or similar). Even though I grew up in Bavaria, I never got Hefeweizen.

I just did a cherry "cream" ale with Conan yeast. 70/30 pils and flaked triticale. 3 lbs cherries in 3 gal. I'll pop one tonight and tell you how it is. I would also say cherry stout is always tasty.

Not what you're talking about but I did a cherry stout. It's just finishing up. Not too happy with it but I'll let it carbonate and chill. For reference I used 64 oz of frozen cherries, 16oz of that were tart cherries. The cherry flavor is noticeable.

Back