First brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanos

Reaction score
Today I'm making my first batch of brew! I'm making Cooper's Pilsner from malt syrup and whatnot. I've made soda before, but no beer. Wish me luck!

Well, everything seemed to go pretty smooth. I think making soda has at least gotten me familiar with the basics, and the kit was nice and simple. Now it's time to sit back and wait! Thanks for the posts! I'll post again how it went when it's been bottled for a couple weeks. Cheers!

Congrats on the 1st brew. Now comes the hard part... waiting to taste that first brew! Better get another one going soon, just so you won't have to wait on the second brew to be done before the first one is all gone!

Well, I just cracked the first bottle and I'm pleased to say that it's drinkable! Really pretty simple beer. It'll be a nice beverage before the weather cools down here in AZ.

Way to go Evanos! Now, what's next in the pipeline? You gotta get brewing again, can't wait until this batch is all drunk up!!!

Maybe a nice cream stout for those cold Arizona winter nights? :)

Well, two days after I put in the pils I put in a 5 gallon batch of stout that finished before the pils. It's pretty dang good. I'm saving a couple dozen of them for winter. And, on 9/3 I put in five gallons of cider since it's supposed to take a month or more in primary. I just started a pretty hard semester at school (ochem, physics, plant pathology, biotechnology) so I figured I should put something in that won't take too much attention for this month.

I'm really shooting for AG ASAP, even if that means not until Jan/Feb. I've got a fraternity alumnus who is particularly interested in brewing but hasn't had the gumption to do so. BUT, it should work well because he's another fellow fraternity brother that likes good/decent beer and not just BMC beer (imagine that!).

Back