first brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showtime24

Reaction score
i am doing my first brew today, we are doing brewers best belgian tripel. im pretty stoked but nervous at the same time ;o)

ive been "lurking" on this board for a few weeks and think I should be able to handle it.

any tips or advice?

Well since i'm just going to buy my first set up today can not give advice but wanted to wish luck....

Best advise is try not to stress to much. Ensure everything is clean and ENJOY the process.

Watch for boil overs, ensure you reach your proper temp. prior to pitching your yeast and don't get hung up if your airlock isn't bubbling as quick as you would like.

Try to have a plan of what step is next and prepare. It's not a hard process but can seem it.

Good luck, enjoy and if a few short weeks you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor.

Welcome, Jacksonville! Good luck on the brew!

Advice: don't start drinking until your new beer is in the fermenter. Then crack open a cold one to celebrate!

Congrats on your first brew! Like others have said.. Just take it easy and have fun. Thats what this obcession, ahem.. I mean hobby, is all about. ;)

There will most certainly be things that you will screw up, didn't account for or wish you did a little differently.... but in the end you will have beer and it will be your creation. And as you keep making batches, you will learn and progress and refine your technique. Good luck :mug:

Latest posts

Back