First brew after 2 weeks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrdinaryAvgGuy

Reaction score
Its been 2 weeks since my first brew entered the fermenter. I did my first gravity reading today and it is at 1.010 down from 1.060. I tasted it it and it tasted like... well it tasted like good beer!

Just thought I would share. 1 more week and it will be ready for the bottle!

Congrats and welcome to the hobby/addiction.

I am impressed that you are going to give it the full three weeks. Not something most newbies want to do. After you bottle be sure to give enough time to age and carb up, another three weeks. You will be rewarded with some good brew that YOU made.

Now brew more and get a good pipeline going. It really helps with the waiting part if you have a good supply.

Congrats and welcome to the hobby/addiction.

I am impressed that you are going to give it the full three weeks. Not something most newbies want to do. After you bottle be sure to give enough time to age and carb up, another three weeks. You will be rewarded with some good brew that YOU made.

Now brew more and get a good pipeline going. It really helps with the waiting part if you have a good supply.

Yes, it is very difficult. I will have to resist for another 4 weeks!

Already have 2 additional 5 gallon batches fermenting. Will start another when this batch comes out next weekend.

Thanks everyone for all the great information on this forum.

Back