First brew a success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyGwen

Reaction score
Opened an drank our first amber ale from a TruBrew kit :)
My partner in crime and I left it in the bottles for conditioning for 3 weeks.
It's really goooooooooooooooood :)

We have a brown ale TruBrew kit bottled in the basement that's not ready yet for another couple of weeks..

This is some fun stuff :)

I think we are going to try a recipe next for scottish ale :tank:

Your first brew and you didn't try a bottle for 3 weeks. That shows real self control. My first batch I think I held out for maybe 4 days before I cracked 1 open . By the time they started really tasting good I'd had quite a few.

Congrats on your first brew! Now get started on that scottish ale. Were you looking to get a kit, or using a recipe from our recipe database?

I'd always wanted to try brewing but never quite got around to it. I got my first brewing gear for Christmas one year and was a bundle of nerves about brewing. I finally got to it after the New Year rolled around. No more house guests, no more racing around...time to try this out.

I brewed it up (and of course managed to push my rubber O-ring into my wort), fermented and bottled it, and waited...

I decided it was probably not quite ready by the Super Bowl but I knew that people watching the game would want to try it. So a bunch went into the refrigerator, and during the game, with heart in mouth, we tried them...

The best beer I think I'd ever tasted! I was hooked.

Congrats on your first brew! Now get started on that scottish ale. Were you looking to get a kit, or using a recipe from our recipe database?

More than likely the recipe data base.. Kits are easy but I think we want a challenge heh.

We did crack open a beer a week to test it out.. Of course We couldn't wait lol :mug:

Congrats on your first brew. Welcome to the addiction.

More than likely the recipe data base.. Kits are easy but I think we want a challenge heh.

We did crack open a beer a week to test it out.. Of course We couldn't wait lol :mug:

That is a good idea. Brewing from a recipe is no harder than from a kit and you have more control over the beer.

I think it is actually good to open a bottle and try it early in the conditioning. You get a chance to see how it changes and improves over time. When I bottle, I try one a week and note the changes.

Back