First Bottle Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bottled my first brew (Caribou Slobber from NB). I have another one, some non descript IPA kit in my Primary, and I'm trying to think of what to do with my 3rd batch.

I have Ideas of some creative brews and wondering two things... which of these sounds most possible, and is it wise to try something different this early or should I keep sticking with pretty basic stuff and slowly integrate.

Mint/Tea Wheat
Fluffernutter Porter
Chocolate Pretzel stout
In your face Hop DIPA

All I've done is basic kits and I'm basically wondering how much more intricate does it get, or is it just a matter of adding your own ingredients.

Thanks for your input.

Part of the fun of brewing is experimenting and trying out new things. It's good to get a feel for the basics, but if you feel like you have the basic concept down, I say go for it. Maybe try one of the easier experiments (the wheat and the DIPA should be fairly straight forward), and then move up to the more advanced ones.

Good luck with the brewing. I'm curious to see how these turn out.

Part of the fun of brewing is experimenting and trying out new things. It's good to get a feel for the basics, but if you feel like you have the basic concept down, I say go for it. Maybe try one of the easier experiments (the wheat and the DIPA should be fairly straight forward), and then move up to the more advanced ones.

Good luck with the brewing. I'm curious to see how these turn out.

Agreed! Get your processes down, then move on to more "difficult" beers. Kits are pretty straightforward.

I agree with the others. Get your process down before you get too experimental. When I moved to all grain I made an experimental stout. It turned out terrible because my process wasn't good enough to brew decent stout to begin with.

With that being said, a Fluffernutter Porter does intrigue me...

Back