First batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednekhippiemotrcyclfreak

Reaction score
Finally got it going. I cooked up a batch of Nut Brown from True Brew. No real problems other than running a little shy of 5 gallons. I actually had to add some Aquafina to top it off. Hope it works. I am fermenting in a 6 gallon better bottle. Nice one inch thick Kruesen, airlock bubbling constantly. The color of the beer is Mississippi river mud at this point. Everything looks good. IPA is next.:mug:

Well good deal man. Stick around here, you will learn alot. This site has helped me so much its unbelievable.

+3. Before you know it, you will be crankin' out 10 gallon AG beers. And someday, maybe someday, you will have people brewing your recipes.

Congratulations! Now is the time to sit back and be as patient as you can be.

Or buy a second fermenter and get that IPA going as well....

Then you buy another fermenter...and another....

And then you find that party store in town that has one aisle of homebrew supplies, and is open even when you lhbs is not, and you buy another....

Welcome to the obsession :D

IIRC, this kit was my first batch as well. It wasn't bad, but I felt like I screwed a lot of things up. Time heals.

First Nut Brown I have seen using dark brown sugar.

My goal is to make a GREAT Nut Brown so I'm always interested in what other recipes have in them.

Back