First Batch Testing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarawa

Reaction score
I posted this in the bottling/kegging forum, but since I am a beginner, I will post it here too. Been reading the post about when the bottled beer is ready to drink and the consensus is three weeks minimum. I have bottled a batch of Scottish Wee Heavy. Probably not the style for your first batch, but that is what I like. It's been two weeks in the bottles and another member says that it would be OK to crack open bottle. I was chomping at the bit to try one so I chilled one last night and opened one up with my late lunch today. I was pleasantly surprised! It was nice and carbonated and taste really good (to me). My wife and I are no experts but we both thought that it was really good. There are some tastes that my wife and I can't pinpoint, but then again we are not beer experts..drinking experts maybe but not tasters. Best part is there was no trips to the ER and no excessive trips to the bathroom!
Next week bottle #2! We will definitely be able to see if it improves with another week.
I am ready to start a new batch!:mug:

Image.jpg

By the way, the head lasted till the last drop....I like that.

Good. Enjoy. Heavy full beers like the scotch ales will really improve over the next few months, not weeks. Some of those flavors you can't put your finger on may vanish in time. You will also learn that your second batch should already be well on it's way by this point. Nothin more worrisome then having your last bottled brew and the next batch is weeks away from consumption.

Back