First batch results...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Porter

Reaction score
Hello all,
First batch done and bottled. Using Northern Brewers deluxe kits, and I made an Irish Red Ale extract kit. Followed the recipe to a T. The taste is good, although not as flavorful or as bold as what I had hope, and there isn't much is the way of carbonation. Far from a flat beer, but not as carbonated as a domestic (Coors Light, etc...)
Is this normal, or did I miss something along the way.

Thank you in advance.

How long ago did you bottle, and at what temp did you store the bottles while conditioning? It usually takes ~3 weeks for carbonation to fully develop at room temp. Then you want the beer in the fridge a couple days prior to drinking (pour the beer carefully into the glass to minimize getting yeast from the bottom of the bottle, and leave the last ~1/4" of beer in the bottle.)

Brew on :mug:

As far as being flavorful, that's an ongoing process. Reading, experience, and inspiration all contribute.

Back