First Batch Questions Part 2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll look into thanks for the tip! I think I'll just use spring water going forward. But the tablets may be cheaper. I wish I would have know about this damn muntons yeast ahead of time but that's ok first timer here haha. I plan to make this a long long hobby.

If you take care of it, your Munton's yeast can make some good beer. I know a lot of the posters on here will tell you that you need this liquid yeast or that special liquid yeast but I find there isn't a huge difference and since I don't plan a brew day far enough ahead, having a few packets of dry yeast on hand lets me brew at the drop of a hat. The biggest factor in making beer that tastes good is control of the temperature. I find it just a little more difficult with Munton's because it ferments fast and generates more heat than some of the other yeasts.

If it's anything like Cooper's dry ale yeast, rehydrating it makes a lot of difference. Saves more cells than dry pitching.

Back