First Batch in Primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indylarry

Reaction score
Well, I brewed a Brewer's Best English Brown Ale. It called for an OG of 1.040 - 1.048. I hit 1.048 when I topped off the water to the 5 gal mark. Close enough for government work.

Thing to improve on:
Overshot the steeping temp for grain by 5 deg.
Logistics, Logistics, Logistics
Chilling - need more ice or a cheap source for copper tubing
Watch out for the boil over!

Overall, it went well. I just need to plan better. On the upside, I made a filter system that attaches to my garden hose. I removed the usual swimming pool flavor from my water and I avoided having to go buy water.:ban:

set-72157603651064256

sweet man, I am right there with you. My first batch was a brewers best amber ale and its carbing in bottles now. I just got my second brew, an IPA, in the fermenter last thursday and the airlock is going F'ing crazy!

good luck on the cheap copper source. let us know if you find it...houses get broken into here for the damn copper

Brett0424 said:
good luck on the cheap copper source. let us know if you find it...houses get broken into here for the damn copper

The best was the guy that fried himself trying to cut down live power lines. BTW, soft aluminum would work almost as good as copper, if that's available.

Back