First batch going but can't wait!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTex69

Reaction score
So I am new to the forum, but have been making beer for a few months now. After reading how easy the recipes were for cider and having some juice here at the house already I thought I would try my hand at one.

After I put it together the SG was 1.074 after adjusting for wort temp. I pitched the Cider Yeast and it was slow to take off but am now up to one 'burp' per second in my airlock. The current air temp is about 67. Is that optimal for being four days in to fermentation? Is there a need to keep a log of SG checks every week or just wait till the airlock is still? And most important,

Is it really going to take 4-6 weeks????

Sent from Fort Worth, TX using Home Brew

depends on the yeast, but at 67 degrees it'll probably finish in 2-3 weeks. no need to check every week, you just increase the chances of infection. after that you'll probably want to let it mellow for a few more weeks anyway, but it'll be drinkable when it's done bubbling.

Latest posts

Back