First batch almost ready to keg/bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KCBigDog

Reaction score
I want to bottle some too so I can give them to my friends. Is there any reason I can't bottle from the tap before the beer is carbonated and use a coopers drop for the sugar?

I was thinking just enough pressure to move liquid, like pushing cleaner through the keg.

Thoughts?

Coopers drops take a couple of weeks to carbonate a bottle, it would be quicker/cheaper to carbonate in a keg then transfer to a bottle. However if you want to bottle without waiting for the beer to carbonate from a keg, wouldnt it be easier to split your beer (1/2 to bottling bucket, 1/2 to keg)...I say this because it seems like an easier way to accurately manage the process.

Coopers drops take a couple of weeks to carbonate a bottle, it would be quicker/cheaper to carbonate in a keg then transfer to a bottle. However if you want to bottle without waiting for the beer to carbonate from a keg, wouldnt it be easier to split your beer (1/2 to bottling bucket, 1/2 to keg)...I say this because it seems like an easier way to accurately manage the process.

I only want to bottle a sixer to save, so timing doens't really matter. I thought filling a few before the keg carbs would be easy.

KCBigDog said:
I only want to bottle a sixer to save, so timing doens't really matter. I thought filling a few before the keg carbs would be easy.

Try it out and see if it works for you...I bought a beer gun for bottling just a few, but that's a $70 investment....so yes you can bottle from the tap, perhaps the beer in your beer lines won't be carbonated but other than that you should be ok.

Another option for you is the Bowie Bottler...it's $17 and connects to your keg faucet, the manufacture is on this site and I just ordered one (even though I have a beer gun).

Back