First all grain lager (ish) pint! Pics included.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltonburger

Reaction score
My first all grain lager / ale.

Basically a brew made with lager grains - 80% Lager, 20% Vienna. The hops were styrian goldings & Brewer gold & was dry hopped for about 5 days with the same mix. Fermented with muntons premium gold and left for 3 weeks, then bottled.

Cracked the first one for a taste after 1 week in the bottle tonight and by golly its a belter!!

I know its not a true lager (i cant be bothered to wait so long!) but I challenge anyone to tell the difference! The citrus / grapefruit, dry clean taste on the palate is beautiful.

I did an extract beer about a month ago - and although it was ok, i wasnt completely satisifed. This has left me with the desire to brew a a lot more ....and quick!

WP_000244.jpg

Nice clarity. You are giving me crazy ideas to go and crank the CO2 pressure up on my keg and not wait the lager time (I'm at only 2 weeks lager, started force carb'ing on Th night). I have a lawnmower from AHS, I wanted a super light tasting beer for my MCB friends and supervisor.

The difference between this and an extract beer is incredible. I dont think i'll bother with extracts again. For my next one I want to try a really well hopped pale ale.

I'm thinking cascade hops only and dry hopping with the same for a week.

Back