First all grain,first Specific Gravity

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turret_plug

Reaction score
My rouge dead guy ale has sat 10 days in the carboy....... Decided to pull a gravity. Started with 1.06, today......1.011, ABV 6.53333.

Stuff smells like feet, ass and bananas....... Not sure if it's right yet..... Figured what the hell, and had a taste. VERY HOPPY, sort of bitter. Up till now I've been a Mr. Beer guy..... This is my first REAL homebrew. No penny taste, or real bad favors, I'm sure it could be, and will be better with experience.

It's clearing up, I'm pretty certain day 14 will be the ticket. Question, should I rack it to my bottling bucket today to clear it up, or just leave it in the carboy?

Thanks

Directions say 10-14 days, and to let the FG guide you're completion. I'm aware that aging is OK...... But I'm a bit impatient with this one, plus I'm actually running out of time.

The Army is sending me on a little "trip" soon, and I'll be gone for some time....... I gotta drink this crap!

Directions say 10-14 days, and to let the FG guide you're completion. I'm aware that aging is OK...... But I'm a bit impatient with this one, plus I'm actually running out of time.

The Army is sending me on a little "trip" soon, and I'll be gone for some time....... I gotta drink this crap!

Well then ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Back