First All Grain batch tomorrow.....wish me luck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teufelhunde

Reaction score
Been brewing extracts for a couple of years and was thinking about going all grain when I found a smokin' deal on a Brewzilla 3.1.1. I've spent a couple of weeks using up all my extracts and piecing together a few things I didn't have to be able to do the all grain. Tomorrow is the first run. Got everything out on the patio now with the Brewzilla set to come on at about 5:30 tomorrow morning to start heating the strike water. I hope to be mashing in by 6:30 or so.

Wish me luck....I'm looking forward to this....

Lon

Good luck! Make sure you turn the switches on! I forgot the first time and was so disappointed when I woke up and water was cold!
Yep, switches are on, but when I re-checked the step setting, I had them AFU. I think I have them good now....

Been brewing extracts for a couple of years and was thinking about going all grain when I found a smokin' deal on a Brewzilla 3.1.1. I've spent a couple of weeks using up all my extracts and piecing together a few things I didn't have to be able to do the all grain. Tomorrow is the first run. Got everything out on the patio now with the Brewzilla set to come on at about 5:30 tomorrow morning to start heating the strike water. I hope to be mashing in by 6:30 or so.

Lon

Good luck! That’s a little early to enjoy a cold one while you’re brewing though! 😐

Oh.. and if you’ve been brewing extract for a couple years, can’t imagine you’ll have any issues. I started all grain, it’s definitely not that difficult with all the info out there. 🍺😎

I call total blasphemy!!! What is this thing you call "too early to have a cold 1" when brewing??? That's like saying you shouldn't stretch before exercising! :mug:

True.. very true! 🤣

Nothing like a good breakfast ale (or stout)! :bigmug:

Lon
Can we get a progress report -- How did your first AG batch go?

Back