First All-grain batch done

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epistrummer

Reaction score
1st one is history. My mash temps ended up a few degrees low but other than that everything went smooth.

10 lb 2- row
.75 lb briess 60L
.25 lb toasted

1 oz citra 60 mon
1 oz citra 10 min
1 oz cascade flameout

Supposed to be similar to Deschute's Red Chair NWPA, but the clone recipes I have found look a lot different. I just hope it turns out good.

OG was 1.060

Just did my first two AG batches this weekend. They were both BIAB and went smoothly... I don't think I'll be going back.

On a side note, my compost pile is now overflowing with spent grain!

Just did my first two AG batches this weekend. They were both BIAB and went smoothly... I don't think I'll be going back.

On a side note, my compost pile is now overflowing with spent grain!

You know, I've been thinking the same thing. Finding time is hard for me, but I really enjoy the process that I'm trying to make the time. Extract was so easy, but this is more rewarding and better on the wallet!

I'm still waiting for my 1st AG to be ready to drink. It's been in bottles only a week so far. I'm sure it'll come out just fine.

Grats to all of you. AG is more fun IMO. It's so fun to formulate AG recipes and see the reaction from friends and family. Good luck!

Back