First all grain and all I have to say is...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
WOW!! I made a Moose Drool clone. It's snowing out and I decided the place needs a cleaning. Also decided it was time to crack open the keg. First one and hit all my numbers and it shows..err I mean tastes like it. Only issue is that it's pretty cloudy, not like chill haze but like particulate cloudy.. I did vourlof until I got clear runnings. didn't use any gelatin or clarifiers. May have to on next batch. Just had to share! :ban:

cloudy, new keg, sounds like just settling of yeast and other stuff. Should go clear in a couple of pints.

Very nice! It's always a joy to crack open a pint of your own brew, and discover that it's actually pretty good. Cheers!

Those kegs are decieving though so watch out. Nothing worse than waking up on a Sunday morning and finding out that you posted some crazy **** in the Drunken Ramblings forum. Drink from a small cup and you can enjoy ten glasses. Drink from a 20oz red cup and you can enjoy falling off the ladder while putting up xmas lights and not remembering and wondering why your back hurts. ;)

^LOL! It's funny since I started brewing. My tolerence has gone way up... I went to hunting camp this year and all they had was Key Light... While they were all drunk, I was stone sober. My dad shook my hand the next morning and said well done. HAHA. My future BIL is coming over tonight to join in the celebration of the new brew. Guess I'll have to check the drunken ramblings section tomorrow..

Future bro in law was over last night and gave two thumbs up for the brew.. In fact he was rummaging through my kitchen trying to find what he can use to take some home. Both my growlers are filled. He actually asked me to make something for their wedding.

A bit of irish moss in the end of the boil will help keep the beer nice and clear.

Back