First AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busmanray

Reaction score
Brewed my first ag today. If only i would have known how easy.It isnt rocket science.I brewed a scotish ale sg 1.031.my starting og1.030.Not bad,did a double sparge.mix and rinse twice.I wish i would have done this years ago.

It sounds so complicated until you do it. Sometimes I think I should have just started on AG but when I was totally new to brewing I used written directions for extract brewing to keep all the steps straight. I've only done a few AG's now and still I don't have to try too hard to think ahead. I just know what comes next. The biggest mistake I've made was accidentaly throwing a whirlfloc into my wit out of habit. Congrats!

Grats on getting so close to your target OG! Thats way cool! Did you do the dance? Or am I the only one who does the OG dance? :eek:

I just love the smell of the smell of the mash. I still marvel that it comes out the color it's supposed to be, and the gravity (well, more or less).

I don't think mashing is hard, but it just takes a bit longer.

Congratulations!!

Latest posts

Back