First AG brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Made the ragind red irish ale recipe that's on here. Pitched with WLP004. I did a split boil on stove and before I went to take my gravity readings I didn't really think about them being split up so unfortunately I don't have any of that data on this brew :/ Just hoping I have something drinkable.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

looks good!
Normally you want a piece of tubing from the valve to the brew pot... shouldn't be more then a few bucks.
But other then that, it looks awesome!

looks good!
Normally you want a piece of tubing from the valve to the brew pot... shouldn't be more then a few bucks.
But other then that, it looks awesome!

Thanks! I had some tubing to attach but I bought the wrong size. So I'm just going to keep the one i bought for my siphon and I figured I could live without it for today so I didn't have to run back to the store.

Congrats on your first AG! Did my first right before Christmas and it was GLORIOUS!

The beer turned out great and I'm itching to brew again soon...gotta fill that second keg up!

Cheers!

Congrats on your first AG! Did my first right before Christmas and it was GLORIOUS!

The beer turned out great and I'm itching to brew again soon...gotta fill that second keg up!

Cheers!

Thank you! Woke up this morning and it was bubbling away, beautiful! It did make it up to 81 degrees though :( so I put a large bag of ice in my fermentation bag to get it down. It's down to mid 70-s now. Hoping for the best!

Just make sure you don't get it too cold to quickly don't want the yeast to fall asleep on you!

Keep an eye on it and I'm sure it'll be good to go in a few weeks!

Cheers!

Back