First 9 reviews are from homebrewers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep running into homebrewer reviews on all sorts of random stuff on the internet.

When I was sourcing a lot of components for my electric setup on Amazon, the "people who looked at this also looked at..." was hysterical, it was like everything else I needed.

The only thing I hate about those Rubbermaid coolers is the screw-on lids; somehow I manage to cross-thread them every time. Then they jam and hang on like grim death when I try to get them off and take another shot at screwing them on.

I get along better with Igloo's lids; I can just shove 'em into place like a giant cork.

I like the screw on lids. I have the Lowes cooler too. It has the press on lid. I can't fill my cooler to the top because the lid needs 4". I always end up overflowing the cooler and making a mess. Never happens with the screw on lids.

I have the 10 gallon for my mash tun. Holds temperature like a champ (I have mashed for up to 75 minutes and haven't lost a single degree, assuming you pre-heat). Had a small issue finding a good-sized gasket when building my ball valve setup but I ultimately figured it out.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I have the HD cooler (rubbermaid) for my MLT and the Lowes cooler (igloo) with press on lid for HLT. I prefer the Home Depot one. And it holds temps better too.

Latest posts

Back