Firearms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might as well try here...

I'm trying to find out how much my Miroku 500 side-by-side 12 gauge is worth. I've been searching the net like crazy and can't seem to come up with a value. Does anyone have any information on these shotguns? Apparently they are great quality. If it is worth a lot more than I paid for it, I'd consider selling it to make more (and cash) for something else I'm looking for.

this might help?
http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-Sale/Miroku_Shotgun_500E_For-Sale_120813150309441

My cousin is a nut, and claims he couldnt get a slingshot mailordered to an upstate ny address.

I rarely believe him, but I wanted to check before I called bs.

lakeslad said:
wow i didn't even have this kind of modern weapon in the British commandos, and you keep this at home?

The billy club they gave you should have been fine.

My collection of hunting rifles listed in order by pic.

Remington xp 100 7mm br with leuplod 2.5x8x40 scope.

Remington 870 12 gauge

Tikka T3 300 wsm with Nikon monarch 2.5x10x50 scope.

Savage 17hmr with BSA sweet 17 scope

Remington 50cal muzzle loader with Pentax 2.5x10x40 scope

CVA optima elite 270 with Zeiss 2.5x10x50 scope

Remington 700 270 with Swarovski 2.5x10x56 scope.

Ruger m77 6mm with Nikon monarch 2.5x10x44 scope.

image-3546519728.jpg

image-1117878812.jpg

image-2349617770.jpg

image-3396751863.jpg

image-109592639.jpg

image-3788084078.jpg

image-2657082180.jpg

image-2843813300.jpg

budman8773 said:
My collection of hunting rifles listed in order by pic.

Remington xp 100 7mm br with leuplod 2.5x8x40 scope.

Remington 870 12 gauge

Tikka T3 300 wsm with Nikon monarch 2.5x10x50 scope.

Savage 17hmr with BSA sweet 17 scope

Remington 50cal muzzle loader with Pentax 2.5x10x40 scope

CVA optima elite 270 with Zeiss 2.5x10x50 scope

Remington 700 270 with Swarovski 2.5x10x56 scope.

Ruger m77 6mm with Nikon monarch 2.5x10x44 scope.

I missed it. What's your address? What's your work schedule? Do you have any large dogs?

Zeiss scope... My bills are paid making optical mounting equipment for Carl Zeiss Meditech, and not even those are fitted with Zeiss lenses. They put Chinese lenses in them. Their own lenses are too expensive.

I did not know that Zeiss didn't use their own lens in their equipment. Guess that's why the Swarovski is three times the scope the Zeiss is lol

budman8773 said:
I did not know that Zeiss didn't use their own lens in their equipment. Guess that's why the Swarovski is three times the scope the Zeiss is lol

I would have thought they did use their own lenses for the price of them. I am making optometry components and I can guarantee that they do not, because they send us lenses to use as mating parts to check out prototype runs, and they lenses they send are Hecho en China.

Well I am pretty much all three. I hunt, mostly deer and turkey, shoot several guns including my rifles getting ready for deer season, and I have a fairly extensive military gun collection. It consists of Mausers 1871-1948, Finnish Mosin Nagants 1917-1968, Soviet bolt action rifles 1891-1945, and assorted other French, Swiss, and misc. other weapons.

deer.jpg

4956.jpg

My cousin is a nut, and claims he couldnt get a slingshot mailordered to an upstate ny address.

I rarely believe him, but I wanted to check before I called bs.

I live in new york and it is illegal to own a sling shot with a wrist/forearm support. If he tried to buy ine like that they would not ship it here.

I dislike it when my cousin is right. He's a birther and brags about how he has been able to claim his business hasnt turned a profit in 20 years. I'll have to concede to him this point.

Not sure why a wrist rocket would be illegal...

New York passively evicts those who no longer belong there.

Dunno why a sling shot would be illegal. OTOH, it seems like NY has a propensity for banning things so why not?

I'm exempt from the magazine restrictions. Unfortunately online retailers don't differentiate, so I have to order them either through specific LEO-friendly stores or ship them to friends out of state.

Can't wait for this crap to blow over. I am patient though. And have plenty.

I'd love some mags for my marlin 795. Talk about rare as hen teeth!

I'm exempt from the magazine restrictions. Unfortunately online retailers don't differentiate, so I have to order them either through specific LEO-friendly stores or ship them to friends out of state.

Interesting, and nothing personal since you didn't make the law, but I think that's bullcrap. I'm sure LE will be (or has been) granted exceptions but that should apply only to official duty arms.

I don't agree with parts of this new law either, but I'm not going to complain, that's for sure. To be honest though, it would be ridiculous to exempt us from only parts of it. In a way, doing so would open them up to even easier challenges. Hopefully the entire magazine part is overturned.

I'm going to look at a Mini-14 tomorrow. The guy is apparently asking $500. That's a ridiculous price, even under normal circumstances. I'm really hoping it all checks out.

I put money down on that Guardian 9 suppressor today, FiNALLY! Im not thrilled with my shop though, they first told me it was out of stock over the phone (I had checked two days prior, and it was in stock). They are just down the road from my house, so I told a guy I worked with I would swing buy and see if they had a pistol he was interested in. I figured I would double check on the Guardian 9, and sure enough, they had one in the case. I asked a sales rep, and he told me if it was in the case, I could buy it. He then checked inventory and they had 11!

To make a long story short, they wound up screwing me on the paperwork. The guy who is in charge of the NFA stuff "didnt have the time tonight", which I was told AFTER they took my money. He said he would call in a week and we can finish it up. Joke is on them, Im going to be in there every single day until they have paperwork for me to finalize and mail out.

Can't say what my pride and joy is but here's what we have.
S&W M&P40 full size and compact
Remington 870
High Standard model B, 22LR
Eddy Stone Model of 1917, 30-06

I think the High Standard means the most to me because my Dad use to take me shooting with it when I was a kid.

Took my wife to the range today. You know, Valentines day and all that. The girl can shoot. She may not be perfect but before you cut her down I must tell you that the last time she shot was yesterday of last year and this was the first time with this pistol, a rental LC9 from the range.

image-2809861038.jpg

jeepinjeepin said:
Took my wife to the range today. You know, Valentines day and all that. The girl can shoot. She may not be perfect but before you cut her down I must tell you that the last time she shot was yesterday of last year and this was the first time with this pistol, a rental LC9 from the range.

Are those ones out in the white the shots she let you take? :D

bottlebomber said:
Are those ones out in the white the shots she let you take? :D

Yeah, you know, just to show her how it works... This target is all hers. She is a trooper. She self loaded and fired around 180-190 rounds of 9mm this afternoon. And then she wanted to get behind one of my toys for a few more rounds.... I'll see about getting a video up to YouTube. For now you will just have to look at my bald head.

image-2061704714.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife's a new shooter that wanted a .40. She's been out several times and is getting better but the .40 is a bit much for a new be, but that's what she wanted. I think more than anything she's rolling her finger in the trigger. I have her work on that at home doing dry fire practice.

jeepinjeepin said:
Yeah, you know, just to show her how it works... This target is all hers. She is a trooper. She self loaded and fired around 180-190 rounds of 9mm this afternoon. And then she wanted to get behind one of my toys for a few more rounds.... I'll see about getting a video up to YouTube. For now you will just have to look at my bald head.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjfWPLXYnjQ

Cool.. I've wanted one of those in .308 for awhile now. Really neat gun.

image-888197177.jpg

I'm sitting in my stand right now waiting on some piggies. Wish me luck.

bottlebomber said:
Cool.. I've wanted one of those in .308 for awhile now. Really neat gun.

I have a 14" .223 bull barrel and a 10" .30/30 standard taper barrel. I'd love a .45/70 barrel. I saw a complete gun or armslist the other day. Stainless, bipod, scope...$700!!! Seems like a decent deal, but I just want a $150 barrel.

Back