Firearms

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dracothered said:
Looks nice also...

though I do have to ask why the grips change?

Thanks. Mostly just vanity for the grips, I like a clean, all-black look. They feel similar to the Colt grips, a little less course than the Colt checkering maybe.

With the beaver tail my hand feels about a quarter inch higher. Whether it is or not I'm not sure, but my hands are up on the frame where I like them with less pinch in the web of the hand.

Just picked up a Ruger SR9c in stainless for everyday carry. This has to be one the most comfortable guns i've held. It really just fits my hands and feels right. Plus i was able to make my IWB Glock holster work with it too.

Just ordered a Baby Desert Eagle, 9mm (steel body) for target/plinking that will be ready for pick up this week. At a gun show this past weekend, I picked up the .45 version and it fit me like a glove. I've been looking for a 9mm that works for me and I like the classic feel. Since I don't conceal/carry, I'm not worried about weight and really don't like anything with a plastic-y feel.

Yay!

Well, I love my kel-tec p-11 I picked up a month or so ago! Had a hard time finding a "public" range... went to myrtle and broke it in. 250 rounds. 1 fail to eject early on, no probs after that. Cleaned weapon well before and after firing (new gun wanted to make sure no factory mess was still in workings). I did add a houge jr grip and the pinky mag extension to give a better grip feel. shot 115gr fmj, looking at some 124gr to see difference. +p ammo not reccomended in kel-tecs, by mfg.

picked up some 115gr hornady critical defense to keep in a mag for home.

Very interested in the kel-tec 2000 9mm carbine, looks like a perfect backpack gun! and takes same mags as my keltec pistol and larger (up to 30rd S&W) May be seeing if one of these is at next gun show! Planning a backpacking trip to NC in bigfoot country. LOL.

Well the one I posted already and I just added to my collection which is the SKS.

Img_0775-s.jpg

Chair full of FUN.jpg

Very interested in the kel-tec 2000 9mm carbine, looks like a perfect backpack gun! and takes same mags as my keltec pistol and larger (up to 30rd S&W) May be seeing if one of these is at next gun show! Planning a backpacking trip to NC in bigfoot country. LOL.

I want one of these just in a .40, but nobody has them nor is getting them, it seems like. :(

This is my AR-15 build.
JD Machine lower
Stag Arms upper
Aimpoint pro rifle optic with Aimpoint 3x magnifier
Daniel defense 12.0 omega x free float rail system
A.R.M.S. flip up front sight
PWS Compensator
LMT 2 stage trigger
Magpul CTR stock
USGI grip pod
Boonie Packer multi point sling QD

IMG_20120203_152233.jpg

2011-06-16_19-49-26_692-1.jpg

2011-06-16_19-49-04_412.jpg

2rrot54.png

He's my pride and joy.

I've got a Remington over and under 12 gauge
Savage .223 Varmint rifle
Mosin Nagant
Ruger 22
Mossberg 500
Marlin .22

Still saving up for that .45 I've always wanted.

Ive always collected guns..I probably had 25 pistols or so..usually from gun shows ..Ive even had a m4 copy..had to let em all go and plan on getting back into it.

I just purchased a Sig P226 Enhanced Elite (9mm) last Friday (had to order it). I was a carjacking victim about two weeks ago. I played it cool, called the cops afterward after the guy let me go. They found him afterwards. He was a violent felon parolee who has skipped parole and just happened to find me. Needless to say, it changed my whole outlook on life. I spent 9 years in the Navy and swore that I would never have guns around me again. My how times have changed.

Thanks. I thought I could play it cool and went to work afterwards. I didn't make it too long.

It came down between an FN and the Sig. I'm sure, based on the pics in this thread, I'll be getting the FN soon too.: )

Working on building two AR-15's to go with the collection of hunting rifles and pistols. Fiance is less than pleased.. ah well.

Birdshot is for birds. Penetration is inadequate to give an acceptable chance of eliminating a threat. Please do not load your home defense gun with birdshot unless your main concern is a flock of marauding quail. =)

If you have ever read any of Peter Hathaway Capsticks books (he was one of the last great african hunters/guides) he used to go in heavy brush after wounded leopards and lions with a leather jacket, a leather neck cover, #4 buck and a M12 shotgun. He claimed to be the ultimate close quarters round due to the density of the shot. Judging from the guns that man has used to kill basically every animal that lives in Africa I think it says a lot. Not trying to rag on ya, just wanted to put that out there.

:off:Plus depending on where you live and the silly things people get sued for today, it's easier to defend yourself legally. To some people (i.e. jurors) having a gun loaded with slugs and 000 buck makes you appear prepared and malicious (i.e; wanting to shoot someone), rather than "well i was just lucky to have some hunting loads around when that guy busted into my house."

That being said. Personally my Winchester 1300 Defender is usually loaded with 000 buck and side saddled with slugs. :rockin:

Cheers!:mug:

Is a high standard model k 1200 riot anygood? I found one for $200 today. I want a mossberg 500 how do they compare¿

Just went with the mossberg. I know its not a 500. its a mavrick 88 field version. Barrel is to long for me so a 18.5 is in order as well as a pistol grip. Mossberg has barrels for $88

ForumRunner_20120306_195503.jpg

troubled dog I have a kahr cw 9 too, what a nice shooting compact 9mm auto. great carry gun its light, accurate, reliable and so easy and comfortable to shoot for its light weight.

Wife and I just picked up our first guns. She has the Ruger SR22 pistol and I picked up the Ruger SR9. Plan on shooting this weekend.

Cleaning out and organizing some ammo just now I found 5 M9 Beretta 15 round magazines from when I was in the Army. Does anyone know if these are legal to sell? I'll never own an M9 so I don't need them.

Not if they're stamped US Gov't. NRA instructor I know says it's not a good idea to sell if they're not stamped or serial numbered.

If you want to get rid of them, make friends with a local cop.

B

Cleaning out and organizing some ammo just now I found 5 M9 Beretta 15 round magazines from when I was in the Army. Does anyone know if these are legal to sell? I'll never own an M9 so I don't need them.

If those mama-jamies were made after Sep 14, 1994, they are verbotten for all but LEO in the state of NY.

Best thing is to send them to me ASAP. ;)

AATW!

Hmmmm. Guns & Beer.....Hmmmmm

Any AR-15 owners out there. (besides Copperhed :D)

Not a AR 15 but I got the 50 and 338 lapua. Cant afford to reload them or shoot them any more though

Other than shooting rock chucks I do not hunt any more. I do love using the 50 and 338 though with my mile clanger.

I am lucky though that I have a range that I can shoot everything from 100 yrd to a mile away :)

Lately I have been using a .204 and trying to extend its range. With 40 grain hornady v max bullets I can hit a clanger at 700 yards pretty regular with it

bad coffee said:

B

Airborne tries to minimize law enforcement contact. He has a couple warrants out.

Not if they're stamped US Gov't.

Damn, they are stamped.

B

Airborne tries to minimize law enforcement contact. He has a couple warrants out.

Yeah, I'm already too well-known by the NYPD. Somehow, they know everything about me, including every paycheck I've gotten in the last 10 years. ;)

All joking aside, I know they're illegal for all but LEO's in NY, but I'm not very big on Federal or out of state gun laws. Ever since HR 218 went into effect, and especially after the revisions, unless I'm looking for a machine gun I can pretty much not worry about local laws since only California might have laws more strict than NY's.

To answer Tx's original question, as a former Civil War Reenactor (bet you all didnt see THAT one coming), I have an 1861 Springfield .58 reproduction rifle at my father's place. When I was still hooting and shooting I could do the compulsory 3 shots a minute.

Take that sessesh! hehehehehe

I did some quick research and apparently two of them are DEFINITELY pre-ban. The other 3 might be, but they are stamped from a different manufacturer and I cannot find any info on them.

Airborneguy said:
I did some quick research and apparently two of them are DEFINITELY pre-ban. The other 3 might be, but they are stamped from a different manufacturer and I cannot find any info on them.

Check-Mate perhaps?

If you have ever read any of Peter Hathaway Capsticks books (he was one of the last great african hunters/guides) he used to go in heavy brush after wounded leopards and lions with a leather jacket, a leather neck cover, #4 buck and a M12 shotgun. He claimed to be the ultimate close quarters round due to the density of the shot. Judging from the guns that man has used to kill basically every animal that lives in Africa I think it says a lot. Not trying to rag on ya, just wanted to put that out there.

I'd feel safe with #4 buck - It's birdshot I'm railing against. #4 buck was the FBI issue load for a while, and while their decisions were questionable if not downright stupid prior to the Miami shootout, they seem to have gotten their act together after that with extensive ballistics testing. I prefer 00, but after reading a lot of test materials I wouldn't lose sleep if I got #4 or 000 by accident.

:off:Plus depending on where you live and the silly things people get sued for today, it's easier to defend yourself legally. To some people (i.e. jurors) having a gun loaded with slugs and 000 buck makes you appear prepared and malicious (i.e; wanting to shoot someone), rather than "well i was just lucky to have some hunting loads around when that guy busted into my house."

That being said. Personally my Winchester 1300 Defender is usually loaded with 000 buck and side saddled with slugs. :rockin:

Cheers!:mug:

Sounds as though you have the same attitude I do regarding juries. Unless they're in the hallway with battle rifles ready to fend off the bad guys on my behalf, I am far more concerned with living through the encounter than with what they happen to think of me after the fact. :)

Back