Fining with isinglass - Temperatures and dose rates

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McboBrewer

Reaction score
I have several doubts on how to fine my beer property:

I'm using a 100L all graing system, 2 step (ales only) fermentation and carbonating in bottle with table sugar, so:

I want my beers to be clear as possible, I'm using irish moss at the boil (you can recommend something better) but nothing else, my supplier (BSG) have recomended to me an isinglass product call MAGICOL 250 AC by "Murphy & Son" and I wonder:

1) How to dilute it?
2) How much should I use and when? At secondary ferm?
3) I have read you should never fine beer at higher temperature that at which the beer will be serve, so, is that true? if yes, it means I can't fine my beer, right? It does't make sense to me fine beer in the bottle.
4) If I can add this or another fining agent on my 2dary fermenter, will that still leave enough yeast to ferment the sugar and carb the beer in the bottle?

Will be grateful for your help.

Thanks

I have several doubts on how to fine my beer property:

I'm using a 100L all graing system, 2 step (ales only) fermentation and carbonating in bottle with table sugar, so:

I want my beers to be clear as possible, I'm using irish moss at the boil (you can recommend something better) but nothing else, my supplier (BSG) have recomended to me an isinglass product call MAGICOL 250 AC by "Murphy & Son" and I wonder:

1) How to dilute it?
2) How much should I use and when? At secondary ferm?
3) I have read you should never fine beer at higher temperature that at which the beer will be serve, so, is that true? if yes, it means I can't fine my beer, right? It does't make sense to me fine beer in the bottle.
4) If I can add this or another fining agent on my 2dary fermenter, will that still leave enough yeast to ferment the sugar and carb the beer in the bottle?

Will be grateful for your help.

Thanks

Really? No comments at all?
:(

I too am looking for information on isinglass. I am getting ready to bottle a mead and wonder how long will it take to settle? and if any is left in batch at bottling are there any ill effects?

Back