FINALLY ordered an RO setup! What should I know?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should have been a multi-page instruction set in the box. We can email those to you, or you can always download them from the website. I could go through and answer all your questions here, but 3 minutes of looking at the instructions would probably be better.

Russ
No instructions in the box. Went through it several times. There with instructions with the shutoff valve and the tds meter.
Everything was very nicely packed in a mountain of shipping peanuts.

Hard to tell, but from your pics, the TDS out is attached to a yellow line. That typically is the waste water not your RO. Make sure the waste & RO are plumbed right. On mine (Buckeye Hydro as well) :rock:, the yellow is coming off the ASOV. And one if the whites is the RO.

Attachments

• 16175868505439139407439635525939.jpg
    16175868505439139407439635525939.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 20
I found the installation manual but for some reason I can't attach the link. Go to Buckeye Hydro page, RO systems (not RODI), find and click on your RO Hydro product, page down to Instructions. This will download the 4 page document in pdf.

I found the manual, but got caught up with easter stuff yesterday and another family related road trip today (at a rest stop as I type)
I'll get it to it soon.

Yes, Just call Russ. I just got mine going and he was very very helpful. I studied the instructions and still had some questions to just confirm my understanding. I sent him an email at 9AM on a Sunday and he called me like 5 min later.
If he would just drop “buckeye” from the name I could give him a 10,, but until then it’s a 9.99 rating...sorry Russ

You've made the point multiple times now that instructions were not included with the system. We've acknowledged your point. We apparently omitted the instructions. Our mistake. Again... our mistake. They should have been included. Please allow us to help you.

Again: you can download the instructions from our website at the link we previously supplied, or if you tell us who you are, we'll look up your order and email the instructions to you. We've now spent 10x more time and back and forth in this 55-post long thread talking about this as it will take for you to have the instructions in front of you.

We've also suggested you call us with any questions that don't answer themselves when you read the instructions. 513-312-2343. I suggest you DO NOT RUN THE SYSTEM unless or until you read the instructions.

You can also email us at [email protected]

Russ

You've made the point multiple times now that instructions were not included with the system. We've acknowledged your point. We apparently omitted the instructions. Our mistake. Again... our mistake. They should have been included. Please allow us to help you.

Again: you can download the instructions from our website at the link we previously supplied, or if you tell us who you are, we'll look up your order and email the instructions to you. We've now spent 10x more time and back and forth in this 55-post long thread talking about this as it will take for you to have the instructions in front of you.

We've also suggested you call us with any questions that don't answer themselves when you read the instructions. 513-312-2343. I suggest you DO NOT RUN THE SYSTEM unless or until you read the instructions.

You can also email us at [email protected]

Russ
I'm not the person that ordered your RO system I was just asking a question. I wasn't trying to be wise. Lose the tude dude.

I'm only in the basement (brewery) to keg a beer, don't even wanna mess with this RO, but anyways.

Attachments

• PXL_20210412_173623147.jpg
    PXL_20210412_173623147.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210412_173618001.jpg
    PXL_20210412_173618001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20210412_173614093.jpg
    PXL_20210412_173614093.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Back