Finally making something...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubbastv

Reaction score
Well last night, I finally have acquired enough supplies that I was able to make 1 gallon of Apfelwein. I know, its a tiny step but you've got to start somewhere right? I still don't have all the supplies to start my beer brewing yet but soon. I was kinda nervous, but this morning I woke up and the whole house smelled like apples, it was justa bubbling away. I scaled down Edworts recipe to:

1 gallon apple juice
1/3 C sugar
1/2 package of Montrachet yeast

It was actually quite easy, the hard part was sterilizing everything and getting the 1 gallon carboy clean.

good on ya. I started out with a couple gallons of juice that comes in their own glass gallon jars so I didn't have to buy much beyond a bung and airlock.

Even easier, use milk jugs. You kinda have to force the cork (at least mine do), but they are essentially free if you already drink milk. Then all you need is the cork and air lock.

It's times like this when I wish I was American, we don't have anything like those glass jugs you guys have :(

I just happened to stumble onto an old glass vinegar bottle. The things probably older than I am...

Back